Friday, January 16, 2009

Austin - HERE I COME!

I'm needing a change of scenery and I've found my calling. Hopefully I'll be on the road to Austin, TEXAS by mid-September. After having wanted to go there for the last 2 years, I've made a decision to actually do it.

Do I know anyone that lives in Austin? Nope.
Why do I want to go there? I have NO IDEA! This place just reaches out to me with a sweet hand saying "Come home .. "

The plan, as of now, is to take a vacation there in March for about a week. Check out some apartments, all the different communities, see the nightlife, check out the campus (University of Texas) and really see if I can live there.

After my vacation and my obsession for Austin grows further, I will hopefully be moving there in September of 09. At first, I wanted to move immediately after my lease was up in Spokane. After talking with my dear ole Dad, I realized though that if I moved home with him for a few months, I'd be able to save more money and really say goodbye to the people that I will miss the most, my crazy family.

No comments: